Date(s) - 01/17/2020
12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
The Oaks at Lanier Career Charter Academy
Registration: 12:30pm – 1:00 pm
Presentation: 1:00pm – 4:00 pm
Prices: snacks provided with entry
Standard Ticket $85
Brenau Alumni Ticket $50
Brenau Student Ticket $15
Speakers: Leah Farrell-Carnahan, PhD and Meghan Rooney, PsyD
1) Describe differences and overlap between acute and chronic pain.
2) Describe risk factors for chronic pain, including ethical issues associated with racial discrimination and access to care.
3) Describe the chronic pain cycle and the HPA-axis, including the ethics and the impact of minority stress.
4) Discuss main ethical concerns related to the opioid crisis, relevant guidelines, and ethical concerns related to the misapplication of guidelines.
5) Describe the components of a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment, including considerations of conferring with other involved treatment providers and encouraging ethical interprofessional collaboration.
6) Describe the process of formulating a personalized biopsychosocial treatment and referral plan for patients with chronic pain taking into account etiology, comorbidities, and resources available to the clinician and patient while integrating ethical awareness and respect for cultural, individual, and role differences.
EDUCATION CREDITS: 3 ethic hours (Approved by GPA, LPCAGA, and GSCSW and pending approval by GAMFT)
Bookings are closed for this event.